Spiritual Renewal describes the Holy Spirit reinvigorating the Church: a spiritual rejuvenation amid the community of faith.
Spiritual Renewal begins with the individual but happens in the midst of the community. The community itself is renewed by the movement of the Spirit in the lives of the people of God.
Deepening your relationship with Jesus Christ
- Read the Gospel of the day every morning and/or evening. Ask yourself, what do I hear? How am I challenged? How am I comforted?
- Spend time in prayer every day. Start with a short time -- 1 to 5 minutes, and increase the time you spend over the next month.
- Participate in Sunday Eucharist every week. It is the place where we meet Jesus in a very special way.
- Before every meal, thank Jesus for the gift of life, the gift of bread you share.
- Make it a habit to greet the day with an affirmation of Jesus presence in your life and in the world.
- End your day with a short examination of how you met Jesus this day.
- Visit a website that offers some meditation or opportunities to reflect on your relationship with Jesus.
- Read a spiritual book, a chapter each day.
- Look for moments on your day when you need Jesus, or you sense Jesus' presence. Honor those moments with attentiveness.
- Reflect on the Eucharistic Prayer you hear at Mass. Ther are several to choose from. Reflect on the words that bring us to a renewed relationship with Jesus through the Eucharist.
Web sites to help
For families: (Could be used as a resource for young parents who gather while children are together)